(March 14, 2019) -- As one of the municipalities included the Government of Ontario’s regional government review, the Town of Caledon is inviting residents and businesses to have their voice heard by participating in the consultation phase of the review, which was announced yesterday.
“It’s vitally important that Caledon’s voice be heard,” said Mayor Allan Thompson. “We make up over half the land base in Peel, including all the prime agricultural land, we have a unique mix of rural and urban and a rich cultural heritage. I encourage residents and businesses to get involved and help ensure we have a “made in Peel” solution.”
How to participate
There are two ways to participate: online or by written submission.
To complete the online survey, visit ontario.ca/form/survey-regional-government-review.
Local Government Policy Branch
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
777 Bay Street, 13th Floor
Toronto ON M5G 2E5
Guidelines for submissions
The province has provided the following guidelines:
- consider the following themes in preparing your feedback:
- improving representation and decision-making (for example, council size, selection process and municipal structure)
- improving the quality of municipal services and reducing costs (for example, land-use planning, public infrastructure, economic development and social services)
- where you see municipal governments in 10 years.
- limit your submission to 500 words or less
- if you must go over 500 words, provide an executive summary and highlight your recommendations
- 30 -
Strategic Initiatives | Communications