(March 17, 2019 – 12h00) An update on the flooding in Bolton:
- Crews and emergency personnel worked overnight to clear ice jams and help residents access their properties.
Work continues with heavy machinery to clear ice jams along the Humber River.
- Road closures in the King Street and Humberlea Road area will remain in effect until bridges can be inspected.
- Several residents were able to return to their homes last night.
- Residents should register with Red Cross Ontario at 416-676-8559 or visit the command centre on scene, where emergency personnel along with building officials and utility representatives can help them access and assess their homes.
- Peel Region (905-791-7800) continues to provide support for residents who may need housing or other services.
- 30 -
Strategic Initiatives | Communications