The Town of Caledon has issued a Winter Parking Ban to take effect at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
About Winter Parking Bans
The purpose of the ban is to keep roads free of parked vehicles so that crews can quickly and safely clear snow.
Following a forecast for a snowfall of 7 cm or greater, or ice coverage, the Town may issue a Winter Parking Ban.
During a Winter Parking Ban:
- Vehicles may not be parked on roads in Caledon at any time.
- All Parking Passes previously granted are no longer valid.
- Parking Enforcement Officers may ticket and/or tow vehicles in violation of the ban.
- Vehicle owners are responsible for tickets and towing charges.
When roads are cleared and the weather improves the Town will lift the ban.
As a reminder, any vehicle that interferes with snow clearing operations before or after a winter parking ban may still be ticketed and/or towed.
- Follow @YourCaledon on Twitter or on Facebook
- Get alerts on your mobile device via our Town App
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Visit caledon.ca/winterparking for more information
Winter Safety Reminders
Residents are reminded to take precautions during the winter months. Please keep in mind:
- As crews clear roads and sidewalks, we ask for your patience and that you try to steer clear of plows.
- Being outdoors when temperatures are extremely low can be dangerous, even if for a couple of minutes. Black ice can also be found on sidewalks, not just on road ways, so please walk carefully.
- During a winter parking ban or a snow or ice event, please do not park vehicle(s) on the road. This is to ensure road crews can clear all roads efficiently and effectively.
- As you clear snow from your driveway, please keep it on your property.
Sixty dedicated winter maintenance staff will typically clear/maintain over 1,500 lane km of roads throughout the Town.
That is almost the equivalent as driving from Caledon to Moncton, NB (1,577km).
For any concerns about winter maintenance, please call:
For after-hours emergencies, call:
Region of Peel
- 30 -
Communications | Strategic Initiatives